St Florian de la Riviere Minutes March 2017
Meeting Date: 27th March 2017
Start Time: 7:00pm
Chair: Henri de Monterrant
- Acacia de Navarra,
- Drake Morgan
- Kathelyne Berghart
- Wei Min Cheng,
- Henri de Montferrant (Seneschal)
- Cara of Kirriemuir
- Ellianna Draconia (Herald)
- Alain Quartier (Marshal)
- Henry the Fox (Deputy Marshal – Fencing)
- Leofric Willoughby de Broke
Apologies: Ismena Gamel
Quotum met? YES
Motion to accept previous minutes by: Henri, Seconded by: Katelyne
Note – Meeting was carried over from week before as it was postponed due to training being cancelled because of wet weather.
- Hospit – Interest from Merewenne and Ismena in possibly taking over as Hospit. Katelyne to follow up.
- Reeve – Hand over date to be confirmed.
- Herald – Change over to happen at Roses of May
- Chirurgeon – Currently being advertised, contact Ismena for more information.
- Captain of Archers – Currently being advertised, contact Ismena for more information.
Great Northern War Update;
- People in Festival mode currently but items are in the middle of being sorted as required.
- Bookings are low. First price rise is by end of Festival. Will extend this to end of weekend after Festival and advertise as much as possible at Festival. Will also set up booking table at markets to take bookings at the event.
Festival 2017 St Florian Encampment Update
- Progressing well. Have reached minimum bookings to break even. No issues to report.
Storage Container Update,
- Has been cleaned out and organised. Quarter Master is preparing sign out sheets and procedures for borrowing equipment.
- Post Festival new storage boxes will be bought and everything re-boxed into standard size boxes and all contents photographed and listed on line and on the box itself. Future borrowing of equipment will be taking and returning complete boxes. This will be signed out and in to keep track of them.
Loaner armour update
- Loaner armour sets have not been sorted. We are currently not in a position to make / buy full sets of armour due to not having enough spare time as we are busy fitting out the new people that we do have. No one seems to be missing out currently and regular checks with the heavies and archers are been carried out to make sure no one slips through without being looked after.
- People have encouraged to post links on the Facebook Group of good deals etc regarding armour when they find them as it is something a lot of the new fighters are interested in.
- (Post meeting note) Gabriel has offered to put together four swords for newcomer practices. Costs will be reviewed / approved in subsequent baronial meeting.
New Event proposals
- Tourney of the Belt 4,5 and 6 were reviewed and approved. Same format, $3 afternoon tourney in the park. Acacia proposed, Henry seconded, no objections.
- A budget of up to $300 was approved for the tokens for the Tourney of the Belt series. Receipts to be provided to the Reeve for reimbursement. Acacia proposed, Katelyne seconded, no objections.
Meeting closed at 7:30pm
Next meeting – Baron and Baroness place before Arts and Sciences on 23rd April 10am (Note I mistakenly said there was no Baronial meeting in April due to Festival but I was wrong, it had already been put in the calendar).