St Florian de la Riviere Minutes October 2019
Meeting Date: 14 October 2019
Start Time: 7:00pm
Location: Brisbane Bridge Club, Frederick Street Annerley
Chair: Gabriel de Beaumont (Seneschal)
- Gabriel de Beaumont (Seneschal)
- Rufus Adycote (Baron)
- Christopher Longstaff (Marshal)
- Grigorii Luchnik (Captain of Archers)
- Amalia del Benino (Constable)
- Kathelyn Berghart
- Jayne Hunter
- Henri de Montferrant
- Wei Mong Cheng (Chirugeon/Herald)
- James Pond (Deputy Marshal – Fencing)
- Kamara Skleraina (Hospitaller)
- Ethne Ingean Giric
- Tova Ellanemsdotta (Baroness)
Quorum met? Yes
- Approval of the previous minutes from Baronial meeting on 19/08/2019 and 2/09/2019. Raised Gabriel, seconded by Christopher and passed.
- Update on the Square payment system. As of the start of 2020, the cost being charged by Square will effectively go up from $3 a month to $35 a month on top of the small percentage on each transaction. Apparently, there were enquires done to see if the SCA could have a special rate as a non-profit organisation however the answer was no. Gabriel raised that he did not believe the cost of running it was worthwhile. Henri raised that the Square system was invaluable for use at bigger events such as GNW and looking forward to November Crown. Unfortunately, we cannot pay for its use one month for a big event, then not pay the following month when we do not need it etc. Grigorii raised that there are other payment systems available. However they have not been approved for use by the SCA.
- There are 2 Baronial projects on the horizon: new Baronial cloaks to replace the old ones and the Wall project.
- The Baron and Baroness will be looking into getting some ideas about the Baronial cloaks. There was some discussion on what to do with the old embroidered badges on the cloaks. If people have ideas please contact the Baron and Baroness.
- Kathelyn went over the idea of the wall hangings. Getting lengths of material which have a pre-printed design on them to allow our own heraldic touches to it. It will be made in sections of a particular length to allow to be joined together or used in parts. As more information becomes available it will be raised with the Barony for costings.
- Calendar for 2020. Gabriel is starting the planning for next year’s calendar of events. Wanting to get a rough draft done by November to take to liaise with River Haven. Please contact him if you want to run an event in the New Year
- Newcomer plan is underway. Will have a draft for people to look at by the end of the month
Next meeting: Tuesday 12th of November at Arts & Sciences starting at 7pm.